2018 is filled with so many incredible movie releases and Meghan and I can not wait to see some of our favorites come to the big screen! At the beginning of this year - I knew I wanted to share with you my top 9 most anticipated films of 2018 but who knew that the future-Dustin would send me this awesome package with a brain-linked, hologram projector to help make the video even cooler!
1. Annihilation: Based on Jeff VanderMeer’s best-selling Southern Reach Trilogy, Annihilation stars Natalie Portman, Jennifer Jason Leigh, Gina Rodriguez, Tessa Thompson, Tuva Novotny and Oscar Isaac. It was written and directed by Alex Garland (Ex Machina, 28 Days Later).
Release date: February 23, 2018 (USA)
2. Black Panther: After the death of his father, T'Challa returns home to the African nation of Wakanda to take his rightful place as king. When a powerful enemy suddenly reappears, T'Challa's mettle as king -- and as Black Panther -- gets tested when he's drawn into a conflict that puts the fate of Wakanda and the entire world at risk. Faced with treachery and danger, the young king must rally his allies and release the full power of Black Panther to defeat his foes and secure the safety of his people.
Release date: February 16, 2018 (USA)
3. Incredibles 2: Elastigirl springs into action to save the day, while Mr. Incredible faces his greatest challenge yet -- taking care of the problems of his three children.
Release date: June 15, 2018 (USA)
4. Spider-Man - Into the Spider-verse: Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse introduces Brooklyn teen Miles Morales, and the limitless possibilities of the Spider-Verse, where more than one can wear the mask.
Release date: December 14, 2018 (USA)
5. Ready Player One: From filmmaker Steven Spielberg comes the science fiction action adventure “Ready Player One,” based on Ernest Cline’s bestseller of the same name, which has become a worldwide phenomenon. The film is set in 2045, with the world on the brink of chaos and collapse. But the people have found salvation in the OASIS, an expansive virtual reality universe created by the brilliant and eccentric James Halliday (Mark Rylance). When an unlikely young hero named Wade Watts (Tye Sheridan) decides to join the contest, he is hurled into a breakneck, reality-bending treasure hunt through a fantastical universe of mystery, discovery and danger.
Release date: March 30, 2018 (USA)
6. Solo - A Star Wars Story: Through a series of daring escapades, young Han Solo meets his future co-pilot Chewbacca and encounters the notorious gambler Lando Calrissian.
Release date: May 25, 2018 (USA)
7: Mission: Impossible 6 is an upcoming American action spy film written, co-produced and directed by Christopher McQuarrie.
Release date: July 27, 2018 (USA)
8. A Wrinkle in Time: Meg Murry and her little brother, Charles Wallace, have been without their scientist father, Mr. Murry, for five years, ever since he discovered a new planet and used the concept known as a tesseract to travel there. Joined by Meg's classmate Calvin O'Keefe and guided by the three mysterious astral travellers known as Mrs. Whatsit, Mrs. Who and Mrs. Which, the children brave a dangerous journey to a planet that possesses all of the evil in the universe.
Release date: March 9, 2018 (USA)
9. The Predator: Major Dutch Schaefer is the leader of a military rescue unit looking for allies captured by guerrillas in the Latin American jungle. At first, it seems like any other mission: Schaefer and his team of seasoned combat veterans spot a guerilla camp, destroy it, and find the men they were sent to rescue executed. But when Schaefer attempts to lead his unit out, with a captured guerrilla in tow, something horrifying and inexplicable begins to happen: One by one the men are killed by a mysterious adversary - a predator from another world.
Release date: August 3, 2018 (USA)